.

.

Sunday, June 18, 2017

Tulip Festival Field Trip

Back in April, I scored one of the coveted spots as a chaperone to the Thanksgiving Point Tulip Festival field trip. (It pays to compulsively check your email sometimes!) We had beautiful weather and I got assigned the sweetest group of girls to chaperone. They were all so polite and easy going.


We thought these origami cranes made for a very zen feel in the upper pathways.


How cute is this tic tac toe log? Now I need to find someone who is cutting down a tree so I can make my own.


Being in the midst of spring yard work myself, I spent most of the day looking in vain for weeds and wondering how on earth they manage to keep the place to meticulously perfect! We saw tons of gorgeous flowers (not just tulips, although there were plenty of those) and now I have all sorts of ideas for bulb planting in the fall.


I've spent a fair amount of time working with the kids in Savannah's class this year. Although reviewing math facts got a little old after week 8 or so, I loved getting to know her classmates and teacher. We had a great day together and I'm so glad I got to go!

0 comments: