.

.

Thursday, June 22, 2017

And That's a Wrap!


Another school year is in the books! Adios, Kindergarten, 3rd and 5th grade!

All three kids ended up with great teachers this year. I was initially hesitant, but throughout the year grew to love and value them for the gems that each one is.

Isabelle's teacher, Mrs. Tanner, retired this year. We got her last and best year, and I will be forever grateful for the encouragement and support she offered Izzy this year. With half day kindergarten, she only had a few hours a day with each group of students, but that only meant that she made every minute count. Isabelle LOVED science Wednesday, and Mrs. Tanner never disappointed with cool experiments and lots of facts that Izzy soaked up like a sponge.


I was especially worried about Savannah's teacher and class at the beginning of the year. She had 34 students and her classroom was jam packed. She looked tired (justifiably so) before the year even started. I offered to volunteer in her class as much as I could to alleviate the demand on one woman, but as I came to realize, Mrs. Hartung had her class under control and was doing great things all on her own. Savannah had a great year and loved her big class (more friends!).



Poor Logan got put through the ringer this year. His teacher, Ms. Wertner, ended up leaving just after Christmas. She was a cute young thing and he was in tears when she left. I was apprehensive about who would replace her midyear, and worried about my sensitive boy who has experience more school and teacher changes in his 11 years than one should in a lifetime. His Kindergarten year he had three different teachers, then two teachers for first grade, two for fourth grade, and now two for fifth grade.

I shouldn't have worried. Mrs. Bingham took the reigns and set off at a gallop. She taught with a firmer hand than Ms. Wertner, but just as much affection. Logan had to step up his game and actually ended up with his first less-than-perfect grades (due to not turning in his homework) which I was grateful for! I'm glad she forced him to take accountability for his own work. I'm glad she's joined the Sage Creek staff and would love to repeat her class with Savannah.


And finally, it wouldn't be the last week of school if we didn't have a dance festival! Here are a few gems from that event.






0 comments: