.

.

Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Isabelle Turns *S*I*X*

"Young [girls] should never be sent to bed. They always wake up a day older." -J.M. Barrie 

March 10, 2017

I begged and begged this girl to let us skip her birthday this year. I have loved five-year-old Izzy and I can't imagine her being any more perfect at any other age. But today she woke up one year older and, 12 hours in, and I am loving six-year-old Izzy just as much.


Isabelle's birthday started with our traditional birthday balloon pop (6 balloons -- 6 dollars) and presents over a coffee cake birthday breakfast. Her gifts this year satisfied very specific requests from the birthday girl - a kindle of her own, a mermaid tail blanket, and the Elena of Avalor movie.


It was pj day at school, so even though these next pictures weren't taken until that evening, she is still in her nightgown. If you ask me, I think staying in pajamas all day on your birthday is pretty swell, and Isabelle certainly wasn't complaining.

Isabelle requested cheesecake (for the 2nd year in a row) as her birthday cake. I splurged on a cool candle and it was worth every penny. The initial flame was a good 12" high and Izzy took off running! But then it lit all the other petals and turned into this lovely flower. A big flame followed by flowery sweetness is the perfect metaphor for our sweet and spunky Isabelle!


0 comments: