Friday, July 12, 2013

Big belly

I think if Jeff hears me say, "I want to (fill in the blank) because this is probably our last baby and I won't have another chance..." one more time, he is going to schedule work trips from now until the baby is due. I must be completely impossible to live with right now. My poor family.

Well the latest on my pregnancy bucket-list has been maternity photos. I've never relished the idea of taking them, but I am afraid I might regret not having any if I don't. After taking a few maternity pictures for our cousins this weekend, I decided to compromise and have Jeff take a few in the backyard. I feel like I am carrying this baby far differently than any of the others. Usually my babies are wide, but this one feels all in front. Also, this baby feels much lower than the other three. A stranger told me out of the blue that I must be having a boy because of how I was carrying. Well, I don't know about that (although I hope so) but there are definitely differences. The lowness has really helped with some of the rib pain, but now I have all sorts of other pains I didn't experience before. Just goes to show there is no better or worse way to be pregnant. :)

In other baby news, I am 31 weeks now with just under 2 months to go. I went for a 2-mile run last week, thereby accomplishing my goal of running at 30 weeks. Although I didn't feel too bad on the run, I am not sure if I will attempt it again. I am anticipating going overdue, so I try not to get too caught up in the number of days left. Luckily, the rest of our summer is jammed packed until school starts, then I am looking forward to as many weeks of calm before the storm as I can.


Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

2 comments:

Laurel said...

Yay! I'm so glad you decided to take some. You look great!

Alana said...

You look so great. If the only thing on you that is big is your belly you are doing awesome! I just get big everywhere and it's not cute at all. You just look like you with a basketball under your shirt. Hope you get a boy too if that is what you want.